PREP TIME: 30min | BAKE TIME: 30min I CHILL TIME: 3h | MAKES: 50
350g Plain flour
200g Butter, cubed & chilled
125g Caster sugar
2 tbsp Rosewater/essence
Pinch of Salt
2 Egg yolks
3 Teabags of finely ground tea leaves
Handful of rosebuds
1. Preheat oven to 180C. (No fan assistance)
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Cut open the teabags and stir tea leaves into sifted flour and salt.
4. Remove the green base of the rosebuds and sprinkle the petals into the flour mixture.
5. Use the paddle beater on low speed or use a food processor to mix the butter and flour into a fine sandy texture like breadcrumbs.
6. Add the caster sugar and mix/pulse to just blend.
7. Beat the egg yolks and rosewater/essence, add to the above mixture.
8. Incorporate/pulse till a dough ball begins to form.
9. Remove the dough and place it in a plastic bag to and chill for at least 2-3 hours.
10. Roll the cookie dough in between 2 sheets of plastic into 1⁄4 cm thickness and use assorted cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes, till the corners begin to brown. Ensure that the rose petals do not darken too much.
12. Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe created by The Kitchen Society.