PREP TIME: 30min | BAKE TIME: 20min | MAKES: 8-10
56g Coconut flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking soda
70g Cold-pressed coconut oil (liquid form)
60 Raw honey
12 Whole lychees
1 pkt Coconut cream
Desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your cupcake pan with non-stick paper liners.
2.Mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs, coconut oil and honey and mix until just incorporated. If your coconut oil has solidified, melt it over a water bath.
4. Divide the batter into a 12 cupcake tray. Cut up the lychees into quarters (or however you like it) and add them on top of cupcake batter.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Let cool entirely before frosting. (Optional)
1. Whisk, on high speed, the coconut cream until soft peaks form. The frosting is not pipe-able, but you can spread them onto your cupcakes.
2. For a stronger coconut flavour, toast desiccated coconut flakes in the oven for about 3-5min at 200°C and sprinkle them on your cupcakes after they have cooled down.
Recipe created by Ng Li Tying.