PREP TIME: 20min | BAKE TIME: 70min | MAKES: 2 Loaves
2tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Baking soda
3cups Bananas, well ripened and mashed (about 6 pieces)
Pinch of salt
130g Chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease two 9x4x2 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large measuring cup, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed (4-5) for 5 about minutes until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three batches, alternating between two batches of bananas. Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes until skewer comes out clean. If the top browns too much before the cake is done, cover it with a piece of aluminium foil.
Let it cool in the pan for 10 min before turning it out of the pan to cool completely on the wire rack.
Recipe created by The Kitchen Society.