Sourdough has become the buzz word recently. But the most important part of baking a loaf of sourdough is the starter. Maintaining a sourdough starter requires a little extra time, effort and patience. However, the return in terms of flavour and nutrition makes it all worthwhile. Once you get the right knowledge from mixing, kneading, proofing, scoring and finally baking the dough, your reward will be an intoxicating aroma making their way from your kitchen table to your whole house!
Come join us and come learn from our sourdough enthusiast, Diana Loo. This will be our 4th sourdough class since June.
Learn all the necessary tips through an online hands-onworkshop covering:
1. Bakers percentage and language.
2. How to feed and maintain a strong starter.
3. How to plan your schedule for sourdough baking.
4. Hands-on session on making your very own sourdough.
5. Get a taste of the loaf that you will be baking.
6. Tips on flavour combinations.
Hands-on onsite class with class size up to 9-10 participants.
Participants will sample sourdough of different flavors baked by instructor.
Participants will given a recipe pack, a starter portion, a set of flours for feeding the starter and baking, a 21cm cane bread proofing banneton.